Release 4.57g, 9 Dec 2011
Changes affecting item (beam/bearing/column) notes
You will now see a new button to the top right of the notes pane in each of the item edit dialogs. When pressed, any notes text is redisplayed in the same editor window used for text pages. Press OK to return to the item edit dialog.
A change has been made to the way in which item notes are handled:
- The default is as before: consecutive lines are joined together and wordwrapped where necessary. Leave a blank line to start the following text on a new line, or two blank lines to leave a blank line before continuing. In this mode plain text only (no font changes or effects) is supported.
- What's new is that if the notes text you enter contains any of the valid text page tags (e.g. <n> to switch to the notes font) no wordwrapping is applied; any line breaks you enter are preserved and the text is displayed or printed using the same routine used for text pages, with the tags being handled as elsewhere.
- The Setup program now asks whether it should create a SuperBeam desktop icon
- Project Summary omitted details of R2 steel beam bearing when this was the same as R1 - fixed. If one or other bearing has a type of 'None', the summary now says 'Rx: Not specified'. If both are 'None' the summary omits this.
- Text page editor didn't show scroll bars - fixed
- Text page editor now includes Use/Add Standard Note buttons as for item edit dialogs.
- Tiny change to calculator: if you enter a number (only) and press [Enter] or '=', the number is copied to the register as entered. Old: Enter 2.718; with 2DP it appeared on register as 2.718=2.72, 3DP, 2.718=2.718. Now it appears as 2.718 regardless of DP setting. This is useful where you want to enter a number for use as a constant in following expressions
- The User Setup dialog contains an extra field, Product Data File. Please ignore this for now.
Release 4.57f, 27 Aug 2011
- Handling of errors relating to OLE pages has been improved
- The Cascade windows on loading a project option has been removed
- The Catalogue Project Files menu option has been moved to the file menu where it more logically belongs
- If you deselect everything in the Print Dialog report list or copy allocation list, the box turns red to emphasise this
- An additional button below the parameter list in the Page Heading Dialog toggles between the display of the parameters themselves (.e.g. %D) and their current values (e.g. 27 Aug 2011)
- TR20 has been added to the default timber grades
Release 4.57e, 2 May 2011
Two minor fixes:
- For columns, any user-entered moment was correctly evaluated but shown on the summary calculation as being in kip-in (US units) rather than kNm - fixed
- File, Export as EuroBeam file now correctly handles projects with B/F loads (previously such loads were duplicated within EuroBeam if you had selected Dead+Live Load entry in SuperBeam)
Release 4.57d, 18 Jan 2011
There is no 4.57c
Changes in this release:
- Number of standard load descriptions increased from 20 to 40 following a user request.
- The recently opened files list has been moved from the end of the File menu to a submenu accessed by File, Reopen
- Range check error on selecting Configuration, Window Colours fixed
- OLE page error handling has been enhanced
- OLE data was not exported when you selected File, Save as XML EuroBeam file. Fixed: note that EuroBeam OLE data will in future be saved as ProjectName.eub.ole. This exported data will only be picked up by the next EuroBeam release