A note to visitors: We try very hard to produce reliable software but occasionally problems surface, and when they do we rectify them as soon as possible. Each release comes with a 'Latest information' file that details all the changes (except for the most minor) made in each build. Our experience is that our users prefer the candid approach to one of denial and slipstreamed changes. We operate low price subscription update schemes for our programs which keep users up to date during the period of their subscription.
Release 7.19l, 26 May 2020
We've left this as a 7.19x release pending a major revision due soon which will be released as 7.20a.
- Fix made to beam opening calculation printout: see program ReadMe file for details - in some cases the actual Vierendeel moment capacity of the opening was higher than that shown in the printout.
- For stiffened openings a warning note is now printed if the space between the inside face of the flange and face of the stiffener is less than 50mm (this is an arbitrary figure chosen by us). This note is purely informational but when it is added you should satisfy yourself that there will be adequate space to weld the stiffener.
- Page border (if selected): RH border was not printed in correct place or omitted on certain printers - fixed.
- Cancelling a Print to PDF operation triggered an AV error - fixed
Release 7.19k, 30 March 2020
- Import items from another project code has been revised. Previously the program could hang if you selected something other than a SuperBeam or ProSteel file and we had one report of this option hanging the program when running on a system with 4K display.
Release 7.19j, 15 October 2019
- On occasions when starting ProSteel the File New/Open menu options could be left disabled - code changed to prevent this.
Release 7.19h/i, 9 October 2019
XP users please note
Release 7.19h has been produced for the very small number of users (<2% according to our download stats) who are running EuroBeam on Windows XP systems. 7.19i and later will run on Windows Vista or later. XP user info page
Changes in this release:
- Bug that causes occasional error message on shutdown fixed (hopefully).
- Data entered into beam and column edit dialog load grids could be lost if data entry was followed by cursor up/down key - fixed
- 7.19i: File Open and Save options now show current style dialogs on Windows 10 systems
- If an invalid beam web opening vertical position was entered (e.g. '100)'), correcting it didn't take effect - fixed.
- Cutting an OLE page is now permanent: you can't cut and paste OLE pages.
- Various other small presentational and other enhancements
Release 7.19g, 10 September 2019
- The Configuration, Fonts dialog now shows the selected fonts on an appropriate background
- In 7.19f the text editor Add Note and Use Note buttons weren't visible - fixed
Release 7.19f, 29 August 2019
- Although this won't affect most users, this release incorporates numerous changes to make it multi-monitor friendly.
- Further changes to improve 4K compatibility have been made.
- The Misc, Steel section data option didn't tabulate the data correctly - fixed
- The maximum heading height has been increased from 250 (50mm approx) to 375 (75mm approx).
Release 7.19e, 18 July 2019
- Printing individual calculations omitted any page number prefix and/or suffix - fixed
Release 7.19d, 20 May 2019
- Various issues with entering data into beam and column load grids fixed.
- Heading template lost italic setting on save and reload - fixed.
- Page numbering did not always start with correct number - fixed.
- Print Project with page numbering by content omitted any page number prefix and/or suffix - fixed
Release 7.19c, 15 April 2019
- Fixes Windows XP incompatibility introduced into 7.19a. Please note that maintaining XP compatibility in future releases is not guaranteed: some things are in our control but our programs use several bought-in code libraries whose authors no longer guarantee XP compatibility. Microsoft officially withdrew support for Windows XP on April 8, 2014.
- The new page heading designer now adds Undo and Redo buttons.
- In the page heading designer you can now move an item by clicking on it in the preview pane, then pressing Ctrl+Up/Down/Left/Right. The item is moved by the grid increment set at the bottom of the designer.
- Overline spacing has been increased slightly on PDFs
- If you added bearings to a beam then deleted them, they continued to appear on the Project Summary until you saved and reloaded the project - fixed.
Release 7.19b, 17 March 2019
This addresses three small issues in 7.19a:
- Copy allocations could incorrectly default to blank - fixed
- For new installs, the default font sizes have been changed from 10/11/12 to 9/10/11.
- When updating from a pre-2019 release, your previous heading, but updated to the new svg format, should be selected but wasn't always - fixed.
Release 7.19a, 11 March 2019
New page heading designer
- This is a major change: the previous 8x4 page heading editor goes back to ProSteel 1, 1993. For full information see our web page. Existing heading layouts should be automatically converted to the new format but a little fettling may be necessary.
- Associated change: page margins are now measured from the paper edge, not the edge of the printable area and are now common to all PDF and printer output. The same margin settings are shared by SuperBeam, ProSteel and EuroBeam if you are running more than one of our programs. Previous values are not brought forward: change the new defaults if necessary using the Configuration, Page Margins option.
- Associated change: 2019 and onward releases of SuperBeam, ProSteel and EuroBeam share the same Copy Allocation field values; change a value in one program and the other(s), if installed, will pick up the new value.
- Configuration, User Setup dialog now adds a field for current page heading file - headings are now stored in external svg files. To copy a heading from one computer to another, copy this file across to the second PC.
Other changes and fixes
- Text page, link to beam option has been removed: this has been deprecated since 2014.
- The program executable file is now named prosteel.exe rather than ps7.exe
- With effect from now we are using a new way of numbering releases: 2019 releases will be 7.19a, 7.19b ... then 2020 releases will be 7.20a, 7.20b etc
- This release is built with Embarcadero Delphi Rio - this is a technical change that does not affect end users, save that the program appearance on 4K displays should be enhanced.